Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Home Stretch

Another Halloween down and I think I'm finally coming off of my sugar high, thankfully. Snack size candy is the devil I tell you. I'm a serious sugar addict and this time of year is always a challenge for me because I think if I could, I'd probably find a way to mainline Smarties and teeny tiny Twix. Good times.

Thankfully, the kids that come and ring my doorbell incessantly on October 31 take most of my stash away and save me from my sugar-loving self.


I love Halloween, though, don't get me wrong. Candy and all! I used to co-own a tour company in New Orleans and if you've never spent Halloween in New Orleans? Do it before you die. Best. Halloweens. Ever.

Anyway, I know...You're probably getting tired of hearing about this trunk I've been working on but with these things they kind of become all-consuming. I know many people who can work on 10 different painting projects and multitask but that's not me. Nope. Not at all. Not one bit!


Plus, with this particular trunk, I had the added complication of trying to get the bay horse as close as possible to an earlier project I painted him on for the same client.
Not so easy I am finding out. But these things never are, of course.

I'm in the home stretch now...Just a few more things to do on the horses and the windows with the saddle and bits. I also have to work on the base priming and painting the bare areas I haven't yet. And the feet! Can't forget the ball feet. Then the trunk will be professionally sprayed with a non-yellowing, UV resistant sealer which will really bring out all of the colors and make the horses shine. After curing for about a week, the hardest part happens which is wrapping this trunk up and making sure it gets to its' new owner safely and securely.

I never relax until it gets to the final destination so I guess I have another two weeks or so to worry.

Until next time! Cheers!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment